Monday, September 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Wolf's 999 Tour - Day 6 (9/6/09): Lovemade At Detroit Bar In Costa Mesa (949)

Day 6 took me and a few of the crew to one of our personal favorite spots, Detroit Bar.  I love this place.




Didn't really get too many pictures last night, because A) We got our drink on in the parking lot before the show and I was kinda buzzin' it and I forgot to snap more pics and B) ...CUZ I WAS HAVING TOO MUCH DAMN FUN.  At least give me credit for my picture of the marquee; I have to have some kind of proof I was there.  


This was really the most fun I've had so far on the tour.  Not the most energy, not the best set I saw so far...but hangin' with the crew, telling stories (that I only WISH I could share) and laughing hard went a long way to making this the best night for me, personally.  Thanks to the peeps that rolled through.  Nights like that remind me of why taking part in this musical journey with Peanut Butter Wolf has been well worth it; really shows how lucky we are here in southern Cali to have the venues and events that we do.  OC reppin' it...party time, EXCELLENT!


One little sidenote: NOT pictured here was the mini-interview that the film crew documenting the tour so far conducted of me before the show.  My homie Nate let the cat out of the bag and told them that I had done all the shows so far, so they asked me a few questions.  Keep an eye out for that...hopefully it will be seen in the near future.


OK, so after the opening DJ fuckin' RIPPED it with a dope set (wish I would have asked his name, my bad) of Hip Hop/House/Old School ish, Wolf got on 1nce again to bless Costa Mesa with his VJ set.  I'll let the videos do the talking; nice mix of Hip Hop (of course!), Reggae, R&B and A LOT of House music.  Had the crowd diggin' it.  Spot was super packed and it was nice to see people come out and support the tour in yet another city/area code.


A nice little opener from Wolf.  I thought he was gonna set it off with some Brittany, but then flipped it and went into a classic:









Murda she wroooote





Yo Mona Lisa, can I get a date on Friday? ANOTHER 90's smash!  Sorry the audio sucks :-(  The sound was knockin' though!





Can't play 90's set and NOT play this next cut





That was just a taste of those in the house got to experience, but hopefully some of y'all who haven't experienced can see what a gem it is to watch.  And even for those of you that have, remind you what a good time it's been on this tour so far.


Tonight is definitely gonna be a test for me...headin' out to Riverside late night AND having work tomorrow morning is gonna be no joke.  But I can't stop, won't stop...2 more nights after this and I'm golden.  I better get a pair of those 999 Converse for this shit......


IE, I see y'all!


-Miles logged so far: 297.8-


6 shows down...


...3 more to go




-Rm













No comments: