Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Peanut Butter Wolf's 999 Tour - Day 8 (9/8/09): The Continental Room In Fullerton (714)

I'm rounding third...I can see home from here.  


Day 8 went down at The Continental Room; sorry for the shitty picture, but I swear it says "The Continental Room" up there somewhere.




Didn't know what to expect last night.  I'd been to the Continental one time before and it was laid back, nothin' too hype.  But even as the tour was coming to a close, little did I know how special this night was gonna be...




Got there about 9:30 and it there was already a good amount of people.  That was the first sign this night was stacking up to take the crown so far.  Within about another hour the place was at capacity.  Props to OC for showin' mad love on the second to last day of this tour.




Props to this cat (sorry, I don't remember his name) on the ill Menace II Society hat.  That shit's legit.




DJ Rhettmatic came through on some last minute ish and spun a set that had the crowd walking on the damn ceiling; he really showed the way a DJ is supposed to warm up a crowd before a show.  Wish I would have gotten more of his set, but I was too busy throwin' my hands up and wildin' out.  Here's a small taste though:







I'll just post most of the video I took and let the music do the talking.  By this point everyone was so worked up that Wolf really didn't have to say much and just got on and blessed those that were lucky enough to get in with another classic set

























And Wolf definitely had the best closing moments of a set on deck:





This was BY FAR the best of night of the tour.  Wolf acknowledged it and I can attest to the fact that this was the only time he told a crowd on the tour that they were the best stop.


After More Fire, I can say that I felt really spent.  Even last night I felt so tired and really wanted to just see the finish line.  But the energy, the crowd reaction, the music all came together in a really dope venue to boot and left me with no doubt as to why I took on the challenge of doing all 9 nights of this tour.


Now it's kinda sad that we've made it to the last night.  It honestly flew by and I can't believe I've been at it for just over a week straight now.  The last two years had left me wanting to have been able to take part in all nights of this yearly event, but this year I was fortunate enough that all the pieces came together and gave me this chance.


Can't stop now...I see that finish line.  Tonight has a lot to live up to, especially after last night.  But the line-up of DJ's is sick and should not disappoint.  I expect a big crowd tonight and hopefully some of them come through in their 90's finest.  I tried to put together some kind of outfit with the little time and resources I had; it won't be anything special, but I want to at least partake for one night, especially since Wolf has been reppin' it to the fullest with the gear.


I can't believe it, but the end is finally here...


-Miles logged so far: 500.2-


8 shows down...


...1 more to go (!)




-Rm



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn, I really wanted to go to this one too.